We run weekly luncheon clubs which take place at the Methodist Church Hall on a Wednesday and Thursday. They include a chance to play bingo or win a raffle prize after a two course hot lunch.
We have a weekly, fun, chair based exercise class to music. The class is held on a Wednesday at 10.30.
Weekly on a Thursday we have great fun working on different projects such as origami, card making, sewing and jewellery making. A friendly get together at 2pm.
A weekly singing group on Thursday mornings, no experience necessary. “its about having fun and the joy of singing with friends”
Advice and visits
We offer an advice service, for example, home safety visits, benefits checks, help with form filling.
Hearing aid clinic
We hold a clinic in partnership with Leeds Sensory Support Services quarterly. A chance for hearing aid maintenance, advice and supplying batteries.
Periodically we run courses to teach basic computer skills and using modern technology such as mobile phones. When this course is not running we are happy to help with individual requests where possible.
Decorating & odd jobs
We are able to help with some practical jobs, please telephone to discuss you needs.
We like to organise various trips throughout the year some of our past outings include;
- Millstones, shopping and Lunch
- Stephen Smiths garden centre
- Skipton, time to browse around the market
- Lunch at the Woodside, Horsforth
- Trip to Bridlington
- Advice, form filling, benefits help, befriending, hospital visiting.
- Promote health via links with the PCT and social service.
- Promote safety through links with the police, fire service etc
- Supply and fit key safes
- Falls prevention including supply and fitting slippers
- Loan equipment
- emergency food shop / parcels
- carer support
- resident support group
- Accompany to hospital / clinic appointment
For details on any services please call the office. 0113 2734979