We are a charity and can only survive through funding and donations.
Information for Funders
- Currently over 400 people benefit from the charity.
- 50 people attending weekly lunch club receive a 2 course hot meal, raffle and bingo
- 30 people regularly have gardening services
- 20 people are registered with our chair based exercise class
- 250 people receive our quarterly newsletter
- many receive one to one support
- many successful benefit applications
- 10 volunteers
Seacroft has been highlighted as a deprived area, with higher levels of ill health. It is thought that older people living in socially deprived neighbourhoods may be even more prone to poverty, depression and social exclusion.
How to donate
We are happy to accept cheques made payable to South Seacroft Friends & Neighbours. Please contact us if you wish to discuss alternative methods or if you wish to increase your donation through gift aid.
Thank you to all who help keep our Charity going.
One of our sponsors are Leeds City Council
Evidence of Need
We provide a range of services and activities for over 60’s in South Seacroft. Our main aim is to improve the quality of life for the elder population.
South Seacroft Friends and Neighbours are a charitable organisation established in 1986. The scheme is run by local older people who help decide on the services we offer.